Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Introduction

Currently, I am a software development manager working in a company dealing with distribution and servicing of cash handling devices in Singapore. At the moment, we are developing customised self-service kiosk applications as well as cash management solution. Our preferred choice of development platform is Visual Studio .Net using C#. We found that the tools allows for rapid prototyping and development.

I'm very much more interested in the actual coding itself, hence, in my free time, I do some coding for fun.

Right now, I'm picking up PHP and also looking at CakePHP, which I think is quite a powerful framework, as well as AJAX. I experienced web application development at my first job, developing EJBs and JSPs on the J2EE framework about 6 years ago. I still remember using notepad to edit the source codes, sure bring back memories.

Anyway, I found that there's much advancement in the realm of web application development, and a clearer understanding of what the internet is all about, giving birth to the term "Web 2.0". What this means to me is I need 48 hours! :p

Recently, I signed up for vocal lessons, which happen every Saturday in the evening. I guess I need to try and get out once in a while. :)


I'm moving from my original blog to write here so that I can share some of my personal experience in software development my adventures in life.

2 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

IS THAT A WELL PAY JOB?

gameshelves said...

Last I checked, the pay is about a quarter below market rate...